Product Information: Metering System
Apply Strike without shutting down the system
With ADAPCO Environmental Solutions' metering system, Strike is practically a hands-off treatment. The system typically takes about 15 minutes to set up, requires minimal daily maintenance and continually pumps a precise amount of Strike to trickling filters, sludge drying beds and ponds. Strike should be applied to the infested area where the sewage enters the system at the headworks or the discharge box as the sewage enters the infested area. Constant attention isn't required, so you can focus on other important issues.
What is included with the metering system?
Strike is dispensed via a free standing unit that contains a tank, metering pump, stand and mixing device. All of the equipment runs on 120 volts. Strike equipment specifications include:
- 35-gallon plastic supply tank with detachable top and 4" access port
- 316-grade stainless steel tank stand
- 1/10 horse power TEFC mixer with 28" stainless steel impeller, 120 Volts
- 30-gallon per day diaphragm metering pump with stainless steel bracket
- All associated fittings and tubing
How do I set up the Strike equipment?
Setting-up the Strike equipment typically takes about 15 minutes. Just follow these instructions:
- Unpack the tank, stand, mixer, pump and tubing from the shipping container.
- Place the tank and pump on the stand and connect the suction (bottom) of the pump to the fitting on bottom of the tank.
- Bolt the mixer to the lid of the tank.
- Connect the discharge tubing to the top of the pump and connect the ceramic weight and injection valve.
- Place the weight and discharge check valve above the influent water flow to be treated.
If the application requires the check valve to be below the tank, raise the tubing above tank level to avoid siphoning.
How much Strike should you use?
During the initial treatment period (usually 10-14 days), Strike should be applied at five ounces per one million gallons of flow each day.
Where do I get Strike?
Contact ADAPCO Environmental Solutions, the national distributor for Strike:
ADAPCO Environmental Solutions (AES)